Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Quote of the Day: “Life is a train of moods like a string of beads, and, as we pass through them, they prove to be many-colored lenses which paint the world their own hue, and each shows only what lies in focus.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tash and I are spending Thanksgiving this year with her parents in Meridian, Idaho. This will be quite a change for me compared to the past two years at Easton Mountain in upstate New York. My children are all on the east coast and I miss them very much. But, except for that, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. This was the scene on Monday outside the front door of the house where I will have Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanksgiving dinner at Easton Mountain in 2005. I was part of the volunteer staff that prepared and served the meal.

Thanksgiving at Easton Mountain in 2006. I also spent time with the Lasorda family in Cambridge, NY, in both 2005 and 2006.

I liked the way another blogger spent last Thanksgiving, so I thought I would share.

Gobble, Gobble, Happy Turkey Day. Don't forget to thank God for all of your many blessings.

No comments: