Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lots of snowmobiles


For most of the morning I saw more snowmobiles than cars in western Wyoming (but no buffalo). Rested at Little Big Horn (Montana) for two hours and reached Spearfish before midnight.

Today I will drive about 400 miles to Sioux Falls where I will pick up a passenger, chess Grandmaster Alex Yermolinsky, 1993 and 1996 U.S. Chess Champion, who will join me for the remainder of the trip to NY.

Along the way I expect to stop in Sturgis to check my antifreeze and transmission fluid. Wonder what the town looks like without 500,000 bikers and their wheels...

Yesterday's mileage: 578
Two-day total: 912
ETA Ithaca: Monday evening, January 28
Planned stops en route: Boonville, St. Louis and Columbus (2013 Cardinal Open)
http://www.neilley.com/chess/2013cardinal.pdf